Chimp Tailgater Portable Wood Pellet Grill
A tale as old as time. Grill meets griller. Sparks fly, smoke smolders and things heat up. Before you know it, you’re expecting the arrival of the newest, most mobile member of the family. You asked for it. We designed it and built it. Say hello to the Chimp.
Tailgate trusted. Backyard approved. The Chimp is durably constructed with versatility in mind. But don’t let its compact frame and portable design fool you. The Chimp is packed with the same powerhouse grilling features you’ve come to love from Grilla Grills. Oh, and did we mention it features our latest dual temperature control technology, Alpha Smoke? Pellet grillers rejoice, the Chimp has landed.
Chimp Tailgater Wood Pellet Grill Features:
Wood Pellet Heating Technology
- Alpha Smoke Dual Controller
- Set’ n Forget Digital Control System
- Automatic lighting feature
- 180°F to 500°F in 5-degree increments
- Indirect Cooking
- Full stainless steel burn grate
- Blower fan provides convection-style cooking without the fear of “flare-ups”
- Pellets are continuously fed through the fire pot at the rate set by the digital control panel
- Digital electric temperature control panel with meat probe displays the current temperature and meat temperature and makes it easy to monitor and control your cook
- Stainless steel firepot
High-Temperature Safety Shutdown
- If the unit exceeds 615°F, shutdown is initiated and an error message will be displayed.
Low-Temperature Safety Shutdown
- If unit drops below 105°F, shutdown is initiated and an error message will be displayed.
- High-temperature powder coat
- 15-lb hopper capacity
- Grease can
- “Snap Lock” folding legs
- Total Cooking Area: 460″ square inches
- Main Cooking Area: 340″ square inches (22x15.5)
- Upper Rack: 120″ square inches (22x5.5)
- Grill grates made from stainless steel rod
- Removable top grate
- Insulated cooking chamber helps the grill better maintain its internal temperature
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Seams welded, powder coated, and caulked for triple redundant weather protection
- Stainless steel lid
- Drip pan protects against flare-ups by catching food drippings
- Stainless steel internal components
- Thermal Metal Jack for year around efficiency
- The Chimp is powered by a standard household three-prong outlet: 120 Volt 50/60hz.
Dimensions & Weight (Folded)
- Height: 24 in.
- Width: 37 in.
- Depth: 20 in.
- Weight: 90 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Extended)
- Height: 41 in.
- Width: 38 in.
- Depth: 20 in.
- Weight: 90 lbs
Please allow three (3) to seven (7) business days for shipment of in-stock items. We make every effort to produce your order as quickly as possible.
Free shipping applies only to orders above $49 in the contiguous US. For details on shipping to Canada click here.
We accept the return of products that are defective due to defects in manufacturing and/or workmanship for 30 days from the date of purchase. Any fulfillment errors we make resulting in shipping incorrect products will also be accepted for return 30 days from the date of purchase.
You must request and receive a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number prior to returning merchandise. At that time, you will be advised on shipping.
It's wonderful. The best Father's Day gift I could've given my husband. He made the best ribs I have ever had in my life (even after spending an afternoon and a ton of money at a BBQ Competition with tons of competitors to choose from that resulted in mega disappointment). And, then we just hosted a neighborhood party and treated everyone to the most tender and juicy Boston Butt. My husband has a new hobby and I get treated to great food. Thanks Grilla Grills. And, thanks for the videos and the recipes and the great customer service and the blog and the opportunity to come and hang out at your headquarters for that event your hosting soon.
Broke my Grilla Grill ( Chimp) in last weekend. Smoked a nice sized pork tenderloin and a rack of baby back ribs. Love Love my Grilla Grill! So easy and AWSOME flavors. Had a electric smoke box before that was always so much work. Adding wood chips every 45 minutes or so, heck with that nonsense. I’m definitely sold on the pellets. And am very happy with how heavy duty your design is. Cleanup is a breeze also. So am exited to do us some smoking in the future. Thank You all for my Chimp!!
I just received my Chimp today. I put it together and it took me literally 10 minutes. I was very surprised on how well the quality of the internal parts were. Very heavy gauge. You can definitely tell that this is no box store product. I’m very happy with it so far. I’ll update after I do my first cook hopefully this weekend. It arrived in 3 days with no damage. This is my first pellet grill. I do have a masterbilt propane smoker and a Oklahoma Joe Highlander. This unit is built way heavier. I’m excited to try it out. Great job on the design and a great product.
Thanks for the review Art! Make sure you keep us updated on how it's working for you!
Very easy setup and out of the box use. Maintains temperatures very well in the midwest winter climate. Impeller is a bit squeaky, but does not effect the function. Had an issue where the peeling paint on the drip tray ledge caused a grease backup & fire that scorched my brisket. This seems to be the only painted surface having this peeling issue though. I just make sure to keep it extra clean now.
Thanks for the review and demo video Bryan!
Absolute Quality... this is my first pellet smoker/grill, but I've owned lots of other types of grills and the quality of my Chimp exceeds all others. This grill is definitely steps above a normal tailgater style grill and it is sufficient for most gatherings. If you're doing really large cooks, you may want to consider one of the other Grilla grills, but the Chimp rocks for me, it's an awesome cooker!
That's awesome to hear Carly. We're glad you're happy!