Chimp Portable Wood Pellet Grill
A tale as old as time. Grill meets griller. Sparks fly, smoke smolders and things heat up. Before you know it, you’re expecting the arrival of the newest, most mobile member of the family. You asked for it. We designed it and built it. Say hello to the Chimp.
Tailgate trusted. Backyard approved. The Chimp is durably constructed with versatility in mind. But don’t let its compact frame and portable design fool you. The Chimp is packed with the same powerhouse grilling features you’ve come to love from Grilla Grills. Oh, and did we mention it features our latest dual temperature control technology, Alpha Smoke? Pellet grillers rejoice, the Chimp has landed.
Chimp Tailgater Wood Pellet Grill Features:
Wood Pellet Heating Technology
- Alpha Smoke Dual Controller
- Set’ n Forget Digital Control System
- Automatic lighting feature
- 180°F to 500°F in 5-degree increments
- Indirect Cooking
- Full stainless steel burn grate
- Blower fan provides convection-style cooking without the fear of “flare-ups”
- Pellets are continuously fed through the fire pot at the rate set by the digital control panel
- Digital electric temperature control panel with meat probe displays the current temperature and meat temperature and makes it easy to monitor and control your cook
- Stainless steel firepot
High-Temperature Safety Shutdown
- If the unit exceeds 615°F, shutdown is initiated and an error message will be displayed.
Low-Temperature Safety Shutdown
- If unit drops below 105°F, shutdown is initiated and an error message will be displayed.
- High-temperature powder coat
- 15-lb hopper capacity
- Grease can
- “Snap Lock” folding legs
- Total Cooking Area: 460″ square inches
- Main Cooking Area: 340″ square inches (22x15.5)
- Upper Rack: 120″ square inches (22x5.5)
- Grill grates made from stainless steel rod
- Removable top grate
- Insulated cooking chamber helps the grill better maintain its internal temperature
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Seams welded, powder coated, and caulked for triple redundant weather protection
- Stainless steel lid
- Drip pan protects against flare-ups by catching food drippings
- Stainless steel internal components
- Thermal Metal Jack for year around efficiency
- The Chimp is powered by a standard household three-prong outlet: 120 Volt 50/60hz.
Dimensions & Weight (Folded)
- Height: 24 in.
- Width: 37 in.
- Depth: 20 in.
- Weight: 90 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Extended)
- Height: 41 in.
- Width: 38 in.
- Depth: 20 in.
- Weight: 90 lbs
Please allow three (3) to seven (7) business days for shipment of in-stock items. We make every effort to produce your order as quickly as possible.
Free shipping applies only to orders above $49 in the contiguous US. For details on shipping to Canada click here.
Due to COVID-19 shipping may be delayed further than projected
We accept the return of products that are defective due to defects in manufacturing and/or workmanship for 30 days from the date of purchase. Any fulfillment errors we make resulting in shipping incorrect products will also be accepted for return 30 days from the date of purchase.
You must request and receive a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number prior to returning merchandise. At that time, you will be advised on shipping.
It's wonderful. The best Father's Day gift I could've given my husband. He made the best ribs I have ever had in my life (even after spending an afternoon and a ton of money at a BBQ Competition with tons of competitors to choose from that resulted in mega disappointment). And, then we just hosted a neighborhood party and treated everyone to the most tender and juicy Boston Butt. My husband has a new hobby and I get treated to great food. Thanks Grilla Grills. And, thanks for the videos and the recipes and the great customer service and the blog and the opportunity to come and hang out at your headquarters for that event your hosting soon.
We cook on this grill every week! Love the grill and the construction quality is top notch!
First, I did months of research on pellet grills before purchasing my Chimp. We already have an infrared grill which performs wonderfully for grilling. We wanted a better experience with smoking pork ribs, chicken and butts. Now with our Chimp we get great tasting smoked foods. While I still have to get used to the Chimp, the food has turned out wonderfully! We have even taken advantage of the portability of our Chimp taking it to the homes of other family members to smoke ribs for this past 4th of July. Many compliments on the Chimp and the ribs.
I'm still "experimenting" with the chimp. Have never used a smoker of any type but that's the fun of it. There was slight damage to the hopper cover but it's no big deal. I was able to straighten it out so it would close properly. I live in Florida (its been very hot and humid) so I needed to drop the "min range" down to "4" and that seems to be working better to smoke/cook at a lower temp.