Chimp Tailgater Portable Wood Pellet Grill
A tale as old as time. Grill meets griller. Sparks fly, smoke smolders and things heat up. Before you know it, you’re expecting the arrival of the newest, most mobile member of the family. You asked for it. We designed it and built it. Say hello to the Chimp.
Tailgate trusted. Backyard approved. The Chimp is durably constructed with versatility in mind. But don’t let its compact frame and portable design fool you. The Chimp is packed with the same powerhouse grilling features you’ve come to love from Grilla Grills. Oh, and did we mention it features our latest dual temperature control technology, Alpha Smoke? Pellet grillers rejoice, the Chimp has landed.
Chimp Tailgater Wood Pellet Grill Features:
Wood Pellet Heating Technology
- Alpha Smoke Dual Controller
- Set’ n Forget Digital Control System
- Automatic lighting feature
- 180°F to 500°F in 5-degree increments
- Indirect Cooking
- Full stainless steel burn grate
- Blower fan provides convection-style cooking without the fear of “flare-ups”
- Pellets are continuously fed through the fire pot at the rate set by the digital control panel
- Digital electric temperature control panel with meat probe displays the current temperature and meat temperature and makes it easy to monitor and control your cook
- Stainless steel firepot
High-Temperature Safety Shutdown
- If the unit exceeds 615°F, shutdown is initiated and an error message will be displayed.
Low-Temperature Safety Shutdown
- If unit drops below 105°F, shutdown is initiated and an error message will be displayed.
- High-temperature powder coat
- 15-lb hopper capacity
- Grease can
- “Snap Lock” folding legs
- Total Cooking Area: 460″ square inches
- Main Cooking Area: 340″ square inches (22x15.5)
- Upper Rack: 120″ square inches (22x5.5)
- Grill grates made from stainless steel rod
- Removable top grate
- Insulated cooking chamber helps the grill better maintain its internal temperature
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Seams welded, powder coated, and caulked for triple redundant weather protection
- Stainless steel lid
- Drip pan protects against flare-ups by catching food drippings
- Stainless steel internal components
- Thermal Metal Jack for year around efficiency
- The Chimp is powered by a standard household three-prong outlet: 120 Volt 50/60hz.
Dimensions & Weight (Folded)
- Height: 24 in.
- Width: 37 in.
- Depth: 20 in.
- Weight: 90 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Extended)
- Height: 41 in.
- Width: 38 in.
- Depth: 20 in.
- Weight: 90 lbs
Please allow three (3) to seven (7) business days for shipment of in-stock items. We make every effort to produce your order as quickly as possible.
Free shipping applies only to orders above $49 in the contiguous US. For details on shipping to Canada click here.
We accept the return of products that are defective due to defects in manufacturing and/or workmanship for 30 days from the date of purchase. Any fulfillment errors we make resulting in shipping incorrect products will also be accepted for return 30 days from the date of purchase.
You must request and receive a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number prior to returning merchandise. At that time, you will be advised on shipping.
Best food and happiest husband ever!
It's wonderful. The best Father's Day gift I could've given my husband. He made the best ribs I have ever had in my life (even after spending an afternoon and a ton of money at a BBQ Competition with tons of competitors to choose from that resulted in mega disappointment). And, then we just hosted a neighborhood party and treated everyone to the most tender and juicy Boston Butt. My husband has a new hobby and I get treated to great food. Thanks Grilla Grills. And, thanks for the videos and the recipes and the great customer service and the blog and the opportunity to come and hang out at your headquarters for that event your hosting soon.
I was really excited to use the Chimp, and after using can’t wait to use it again!
I bought the Chimp back in August and I couldn't be happier. I asked my good friend (who is a Rec Tec guy) for advice on what I should get as my first pellet smoker and with out hesitation he said to go with Grilla and get the Chimp. I had never heard of Grilla at this point and expecting him to point me the direction of the 340, and I'm glad he didn't. Everything that has gone on it has come out awesome from pulled port to corn dogs...my 6 year old's idea...Amazing grill that i cant wait to use for years to come! This thing may look tiny but it sure is mighty!!
Wow, thanks for the review Lee! Glad you're enjoying your Chimp, save us some corn dogs!
Love the grill. Folds up small enough to fit under my Tonneau cover on my truck. Easy cleanup and everything works as advertised. Very friendly sales staff and I am not disappointed. Love the Chimp and may look into purchasing a Silverback for the deck. The Chimp goes with us camping and tailgating at GVSU. Can make anything from pizza, burgers, or smoking ribs/pork shoulders. A lot of great recipes on Grillas website. Had a few questions when I first purchased and the customer service was very friendly/helpful. Very comfortable with the grill now!
I received this for Christmas and have only had the opportunity to cook one meal. It was some of the best chicken I’ve ever made. There was a smoke ring, skin was crispy, and super juicy! What a great grill!