Chimp Pellet Grill (non WiFi)
Tailgate trusted. Backyard approved. The Chimp is durably constructed with versatility in mind. It even features our latest dual temperature control technology, Alpha Smoke. Pellet grillers rejoice, the Chimp has landed.
Wood Pellet Heating Technology
- Alpha Smoke Dual Controller
- Set’ n Forget Digital Control System
- Automatic lighting feature
- 180°F to 500°F in 5-degree increments
- Indirect Cooking
- Full stainless steel burn grate
- Blower fan provides convection-style cooking without the fear of “flare-ups”
- Pellets are continuously fed through the fire pot at the rate set by the digital control panel
- Digital electric temperature control panel with meat probe
- Stainless steel firepot
High-Temperature Safety Shutdown
- If the unit exceeds 615°F, shutdown is initiated and an error message will be displayed.
Low-Temperature Safety Shutdown
- If unit drops below 105°F, shutdown is initiated and an error message will be displayed.
- High-temperature powder coat
- 15-lb hopper capacity
- Grease can
- “Snap Lock” folding legs
- Total Cooking Area: 460″ square inches
- Main Cooking Area: 340″ square inches (22x15.5)
- Upper Rack: 120″ square inches (22x5.5)
- Grill grates made from stainless steel rod
- Removable top grate
- Insulated cooking chamber helps the grill better maintain its internal temperature
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Seams welded, powder-coated, and caulked for triple redundant weather protection
- Stainless steel lid
- Drip pan protects against flare-ups by catching food drippings
- Stainless steel internal components
- Thermal Metal Jack for year around efficiency
- The Chimp is powered by a standard household three-prong outlet: 120 Volt 50/60hz.
Dimensions & Weight (Folded)
- Height: 24 in.
- Width: 37 in.
- Depth: 20 in.
- Weight: 90 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Extended)
- Height: 41 in.
- Width: 38 in.
- Depth: 20 in.
- Weight: 90 lbs
Please allow three (3) to seven (7) business days for shipment of in-stock items. We make every effort to produce your order as quickly as possible.
Free shipping applies only to orders above $49 in the contiguous US. For details on shipping to Canada click here.
We accept the return of products that are defective due to defects in manufacturing and/or workmanship for 30 days from the date of purchase. Any fulfillment errors we make resulting in shipping incorrect products will also be accepted for return 30 days from the date of purchase.
You must request and receive a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number prior to returning merchandise. At that time, you will be advised on shipping.
Great time in store
The Chimp is an amazing travel partner! After getting our camper earlier this year, I got extremely frustrated at my terrible luck with steaks and burgers over the fire. Those little built in “grates” are mostly worthless from what I’ve encountered. I’ve had my Silverbac for a couple years now and knew I could do better. The Chimp was perfect. It fits perfectly on the rear rack of my camper and I can load it on by myself. My wife ridiculed me for “needing” a Chimp but on our first camping trip out with it, she said, “ok, yeah that steak was amazing”. She volunteered me to make pulled pork this Weekend at our camper during the county fair.
Took this grill out camping immediately after buying it. Worked flawlessly and performs every bit as well as its bigger brothers. Quality is fantastic and it’s built like a tank. 100% would buy again.
Just made an 11+ pound brisket yesterday. It fit in the Chimp no problem. Perfect amount of smoke. Wife said it was the best she ever had (my first time making it). The Chimp is great because it is small enough that it heats up fast and doesn’t use a lot of pellets. Jerky rack just came today. Can’t wait to try it. **** My Chimp kit is awesome, but should be standard equipment. Grilla customer service is great too. Thank you.
Great to hear how well it's working out for you and your wife so far Robert! Thanks for the review.
Overall I am happy with the smoker, it is performing well. My first smoker showed up damaged by FedEx, Grilla made it right and sent a replacement. The replacement, however, had some obvious manufacturing issues. Contacted Grilla about them and they didn't really own up to them: - The lip that the grate sits on is curved (higher in the middle than 2 ends by about 1/2"). Grilla's solution - bend the grill grate over your knee to fit the curve. - The lid didn't close properly (hitting the grate since it was high in the middle). Grilla's solution - put a broomstick in the hinge and bend the lid. The fixes kind of worked but I expect something built properly when dropping this kind of money on what is advertised as a premium product. The rest of the build quality is great and we love cooking on the Chimp so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one otherwise - just hope you get one with better quality control than mine.